Palm or equalient supported by FreeBSD

Hank Hampel lists at niamodnikufesin.de
Thu Nov 4 03:42:06 PST 2004

Hi everybody!

On (041104), Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> > that support syncronizing with FreeBSD? I currently have a Palm Tungsten
> > T, but I've given up trying to get it work under FreeBSD. I need
> Our palms are connected via serial cable, not USB, is USB the reason
> for your problems?

Even USB connections shouldn't be a problem any more.

I currently use a Zire21 with an USB cable to connect to my
4.10-stable system. I prefer using jpilot but this is merely advocacy.

You just have to use the uvisor kernel module (kldload uvisor) which
should automagically bring up the ucom module (if not just load this
one too).

I just checked the uvisor module and it seems to know something about
Palms Tungsten T series as the following line suggests (taken from
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/uvisor.c line 220):
        {{ USB_VENDOR_PALM, USB_PRODUCT_PALM_TUNGSTEN_T }, PALM4 },

Good luck, Hank