reformatting laptop & ACPI: special partitions?

Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN] esn at x123.info
Wed May 12 04:09:46 PDT 2004

> Hello,
>
> afaik, FreeBSD is unable to do a "software suspend-to-disk" (std), yes.
> However, I remember it supports handing the s.t.d. over to the system
> bios if your `sysctl hw.acpi.s4bios` is "1". To achieve that, you have
> to have your hibernation partition configured. You can then s.t.d. using
> `acpiconf -s 4`.

Mmm Sound nice.

My Dell Inspiron 8500 haves hw.acpi.s4bios=1, to have the hibernation
partition
configured i have to make a fat partition(/dev/ad0s1) and this well do it?

If any one haves more info on setting this up or any other keend of
Susped/Standby plz help me out..
there is the output of sysctl hw.acpi of my Dell i8500

----
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 5
hw.acpi.s4bios: 1
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff: 1
hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
hw.acpi.cpu.throttle_max: 8
hw.acpi.cpu.throttle_state: 8
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/1 C2/1 C3/85 C4/185
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C4
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_history: 0/0 45837/0 0/0 0/0
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 3127
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 3632
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
hw.acpi.acline: 0
hw.acpi.battery.life: 35
hw.acpi.battery.time: 48
hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
hw.acpi.battery.units: 2
hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
hw.acpi.video.crt0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 1
hw.acpi.video.out0.active: 0
---

----- End message from cz at aegisnet.biz -----

--
if (Better You Treat Them) { return "Worst You Get Treated"; }

Love can kill you like a Hammer or a 220 Kv AC line in the head, but it's the
most
beautiful and strange sensation, I Just Love, Love ; )

/*
www:
  http://www.x123.info

Contect:                        FingerPrint:
  esn aT x123.info                0D42 F870 F650 6B86 CA9E
  esn aT freshpkgsrc.org          E199 A57D 3824 F8AA A934
  sebastian.yepes aT hp.com
*/