The Best Laptop

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Mar 31 05:56:42 PST 2004

> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:02:37 +0800
> From: Erich Dollansky <oceanare at pacific.net.sg>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> Hi,
>
> Nate Williams wrote:
>
> > (which I consider to be absolute junk), and numerous Toshibas.  Note,
> > the Toshiba's were nice, but weren't nearly as usable as the Thinkpads.
> >
> Toshibas are only usable when they are Tecras or Porteges. I would not
> recommend the others.

Before going with a Toshiba, be sure to try the keyboard. I know of
several people who have ditched Tecra's and I rejected them because of
the keyboards. They often require special X hacks to avoid
double-striking due to the excessive bouncing.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)