does freebsd has something like acpid?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Mar 30 09:03:50 PST 2004

In message: <761151245.20040330010145 at sendmail.ru>
            Toxa <postfix at sendmail.ru> writes:
: Maybe my question is quite stupid but I still can't work it out.
: You know, in linux we have acpid daemon and a couple of scripts in
: /etc/acpid. So, when any acpi state changes (due to closing laptop lid, for
: example), acpid detects it via proc interface and executes appropriate
: script (turning off the lid, for example). But as far as I know freebsd has
: no any userland acpi daemon, so I can't imagine how, for example,
: ajust lid brightness according to plugging/unplugging AC cable, etc.
: So wouls you mind to point how to handle acpi changes in freebsd?

devd has been growing support to do that in -current.

Warner