Help with a Dell wlan card

Macke smecken at euromail.se
Wed Mar 24 13:37:51 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm having alot of problems trying to get a Dell True Mobile 1150 card to work on my FreeBSD installation.

I've found some tips which told me to add the following to my loader.conf

hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1
hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000"

But when I insert my card I only get the following message. (Before inserting the line above I got a message saying that it couldn't allocate any memory so atleast it seems better).

end (ffffffff)> sc->memlimit (403fffff)
wi0: <Dell Truemobile 1150 series PC Card> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 11 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0000; event status 0x8000
wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0000; event status 0x8000
: init failed
device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 6

I would really appreciate any help you would be able to give me.

Best regards
Marcus