For those with Intel Centrino 2200BG wireless...

Bill Paul wpaul at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon Mar 22 08:53:53 PST 2004

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 06:52:06PM -0800, Bill Paul wrote:
> > accomodate it. The FreeBSD kernel stack is 2 pages (8192 bytes on
> > i386) whic is smaller than the Windows kernel size. This means the
>
> how bad is it to use a larger default, e.g. the 8 pages you suggested ?
>
> 	cheers
> 	luigi

Changing KSTACK_PAGES to 8 means each kernel thread in the system will
consume 32K of stack space instead of 8K. In other words, you'd consume
a little more memory for each thread. That's the only effect.

I think the Windows kernel stack is 16K, but I couldn't remember for
sure and I wasn't able to track down the reference where I discovered
the information the first time. Using KSTACK_PAGES=4 is probably more
reasonable.

-Bill