Toshiba P25-S609 Install problems

Chris Miller chrislist at bariatricsupportcenter.com
Thu Mar 18 07:13:24 PST 2004

Well I spoke too soon.  This worked great for the install.  I got everything
up and running, got X running with the nvidia drivers and everything.  I was
feeling pretty good considering this was really my first time playing with
FreeBSD.

I rebooted the machine about 3 times each time entering the same command to
get the machine booted. (Since I kept forgetting to set it in the config file
so I wouldn't need to do it by hand.)  Then on about the 4th reboot it
stopped working.

The only thing that I changed between the time that it worked and the time
that it didn't was a couple of network routes that were only changed in
memory so they wouldn't have affected anything on the next boot anyway.  I
now can't get the system to boot past the
cbb0: <ToPIC100 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 4.0 on pci2
line no matter what I do.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do I'd love to hear them.  I would really
like to look at converting my company servers over to FreeBSD, but until I am
really comfortable with the system I don't want to do it.  And to get
comfortable with it I need my main personal computer to be running it.  That
would be this laptop.

Thanks in advance,
Chris