PowerNow in mobile AthlonXP

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Thu Mar 18 07:12:34 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 05:15:29PM -0500, Scott Lambert wrote:
> In retrieve_conf_from_bios(), try changing :
>                 for (i = 0; i < psb->numpst; i++) {
> to:
>                 for (i = 0; i < psb->numpst * 2 ; i++) {
>
> On my laptop the matching entry is at i = 16 even though
> psb->numpst = 14.

After looking more your report, I have a theory: I think that
originaly the OEM do have designed the board in order to ship an
AthlonXP-M model 8.  After that, they used an AthlonXP-M model 10
instead, but "forgot" to update the Performance State Block in order to
get the correct number of Performance State Tables that the BIOS
contains.

I will see how to handle that.

Thank,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.