Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Sat Jul 31 10:04:22 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:08:44AM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Closer. After I rebuild the kernel with target OLDCARD, and
> 	rebooted (withh Xircom Ethernet II 10/100 inserted, no more
> 	kernel traps.
>
> 	I added
>
> 	 pccard_ether xe0 start link0
>
> 	to rc.conf and rebooted. Zero.  The cabling is solid.
> 	The   defaultrouter="10.0.0.1"  entry doesn't seem to
> 	have any effect.  I set get the "Setup PC-CARD" message
> 	when coming up.  How do I get into this setup?  Am I
> 	missing some sysctl cmd?  Anything else?
>
> 	gary

Hi Gary,

Could you post your full /etc/rc.conf and /var/run/dmesg.boot?  The
hardware you've got there should work, so I'm guessing this is just a
configuration issue.

For reference, the only stuff I have in my rc.conf to enable xe0 on my
TP380D is:
	ifconfig_xe0="DHCP"
	pccard_enable="YES"

If you're not using DHCP, obviously put something else in the ifconfig_xe0
line.  Using pccard_enable is important - you're running an OLDCARD kernel
so you need to make sure that pccardd is started to attach the card.

Cheers,

	Scott