Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Jul 29 11:29:46 PDT 2004

> From: "Peter Sandilands" <peter at sandilands.vu>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:34:30 +1000

I just fired up my 600E. It's running 5.2-BETA from Dec. of last year.
Something my have broken since then, but I get NEWCARD to work with the
following in /boot/loader.conf: hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000"
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"

My kernel config is:
device	  cbb
device	  pccard
device	  cardbus

It was not happy with ACPI, so I am running APM.

My Xircom card seems quite happy there.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)