Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Peter Sandilands peter at sandilands.vu
Wed Jul 28 23:32:55 PDT 2004

> > Basically you need to recompile the kernel as per the
> handbook but use
> > OLDCARD in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf as your starting point.
>
> 	In otherworlds it's
>
> 	  # make buildkernel installkernel KERNEL=OLDCARD
>
> 	or something else?  I found the OLDCARD file, no
> 	NEWCARD.   (i guess i'll find out if it's generatd...)

Too complicated .......

I just do the kernel build.  Copy GENERIC to TEST (say), edit the
options you normally do, Copy OLDCARD to TEST1 and edit to include
TEST (you'll see where in the file)
run /usr/sbin/config TEST1, then cd as directed, do make depend, make
and make install
In ?etc/rc.conf add pccard_enable="YES", reboot and you should be
laughing

> > BTW mail direct to your tao.thought.org address is being
> bounced as
> > spam
>

> 	Yeah, I junt messed with /etc/mail on sage/ns1, but thanks
> 	to Cody's forwarding his bounce to me at magnesium, looks
> 	like my /etc/mail/access[.db] here on tao was amiss.
> 	Should be fixed.  {I-hope,I-hope}

see what happens with this mail

Pete