Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Jul 28 10:51:58 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 01:21:25PM -0400, Cody Baker wrote:
> I have a Thinkpad 770e (PII 266) with one of the Linksys PCMPC100
> cards.  It does work well in FreeBSD 4.10-stable.  Do realize that you
> won't be able to realize true 100MB performance from one of these 16bit
> cards.  While we're on the subject though, I can't get anything to work
> in 5.2.1.  I continually get these watchdog timeout errors, be it a
> Cardbus card, or a 16bit card like the Linksys.  I'm planning on tossing
> -current on it this weekend to see if the problem has already been
> solved there.  If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate them.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Cody Baker
> cody at spintime.org
> 330.934.0659

	Hmm.  Well, if the 770e series iis just an "older version"
	of the 600E, then it looks like thw Linksys PCMPC100 is
	the way to fly.  --100Mb performance isn't that important.
	I just finally upgraded my nework from 10 -> 10/100 after
	years of working at 10.  So long as I'll be able to so
	-ports cvsups or stable- cvsups, and share data, speed
	isn't  a factor.  I'll have time for a brew:-)

	Would you kindly keep me posted re your progress with your
	experiments?  And how did you manage to get 5.2 installed
	of your Thinkpad?  CDROM?  My 5.2.1 CDROM's are months old
	but the install disk traps... (?)

	gary