Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Jul 27 22:16:28 PDT 2004

	Folks,

	Many months ago I tried a floppy install of 5.3 on my
	HP Kayak.  It poisoned.  A few hours ago today I downloaded
	the latest 5.2 floppy set nd booted my ThinkPad 600E.
	The boot *did* see my Xircom Ethernet II adaptor, but the
	kernel poisoned and rebooted after 15 seconds.

	Eventually I will be able to use the Xircom.  But for now
	it's time to go back to old, STABLE 4.8.  Soooo, nutshell,
	what cards will work with my ISDL CAT5 cable in 4.8?  I'd like
	the name and model and any other id regarding the card so
	that I get it right next time.

	Thanks in advance, guys,

	gary

--