Thinkpad 600E with Xircom ethernet adaptor

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Jul 27 15:36:10 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 06:52:22PM +0000, Joshua Colp wrote:
> Hello, Gary
>
> FreeBSD 4 doesn't support cardbus and your Xircom card probably uses it. Thus,
> you'll have to install FreeBSD 5 if you want to use it. (I had the same
> problem with my 3Com NIC).
>
> - Joshua Colp.

	Hm.  The last time I did a // tried a floppy install of 5.2, the
	istall (on one of my tower servers) hung up.   I'll try with
	the (hopefully new!) 5.2 floppies; maybe they work by now.

	--what PCMCIA cards do work with 4.8? and the Thinkpad, &c.

	thanks much!

	gary

	PS: the card does say "card bus"... .

--