new laptop suggestions - not the usual stuff

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 24 19:19:18 PDT 2004

On Saturday, 24 July 2004 at 21:11:45 -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> [..snip..]
>
>> I suspect you'll have difficulty getting both AMD 64 and high
>> resolution.  I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 which also has all these
>> features except for 2.  It has display resolutions of up to 1920x1440.
>> Bluetooth and wireless.  I haven't got the wireless working, but I've
>> been told that it works with Project Evil, and I suppose the Bluetooth
>> would too; I have no application for that.
>
> Are you saying your laptop's LCD does 1920x1440, or the video out
> does?

Neither :-)

The Inspiron 9100 has an optional 1920x1440 LCD screen.  Mine was
bought for me by the company, unfortunately, and only has 1680x1050.
All models can handle video out of 2048x1536.

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.