Anyone following RELENG_5_2?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Wed Jul 21 10:34:45 PDT 2004

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>

>>RacerX wrote:

>>>Dan -
>>>
>>>    I use 5.2.1-REL-p9 on both my devices. Have been for months. It runs
>>>just dandy, and everything I use works.
>>>
>>>Some specs -
>>>On my home PC:
>>>Athlon 2100
>>>
>>>Laptop:
>>>Dell Inspiron 7500
>>>

>>Blah - sorry about that. New mail client. Dropped KMail for Thunderbird
>>and I guess I didn't have all of it configured.
>

> How is that working out for you? (Kmail -> Thunderbird)
>
> I've always felt that KMail is a superior mail client, especially when it
> comes to IMAP, but I'd love to be able to use something that runs on Win32
> too. How much mail do you manage daily, and do you use IMAP?

KMail is nice - however, for IMAP, KMail does NOT support the use of
email filters. (Booo) Perhaps in an upcoming release it may.

The Mozilla site has a how-to if you need to "export" your email from
KMail. Mind you, I use the term export lightly.

It's time consuming but rather straight to the point. I did it, and I am
very happy I did so.  T-Bird does support IMAP (Coo) but I don't use it
thus far.

The filtering is far better then KMail's (IMHO) and like you, am trying
to keep my mail clients even in both FreeBSD and Winders.

--
Best regards,
Chris

ClamAV virus dat updated: Wed Jul 21 2004 at 03:02:56
daily.cvd updated (version: 417, sigs: 1042, f-level: 2, builder: tkojm)