nForce3

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 11:31:43 PDT 2004

You guys were able to install FreeBSD on an nForce3?
I have a sister computer to the Compaq R3120US,
namely, an HP zv5000. I can't even get the
installation cd to boot.

That problem is number one to fix on the AMD64 list:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2004-July/001750.html

Jung-uk Kim offered a patch and commentary on that
chipset at:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2004-July/001664.html
That patch may not be the best approach; and my make
release fails; so I can't build my own CDs with his
patch; so I'm just waiting for the patch to go live in
-current.

Do you guys know something I don't?

=====
The wise counselors of Pharaoh give stupid counsel.
Isaiah 19:11

If history always begins this morning, the world holds
exciting surprises around every corner (241).
Ann Coulter. Treason.