nForce3

Marco Trentini mark at remotelab.org
Tue Jul 20 03:01:20 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 04:30:44PM -0700, George Mitchell wrote:
> > For AGP problem you could try AGP gart included in the
> > nvidia-driver port in place of FreeBSD AGP gart.
>
> This turns out to be a step backwards.  After recompiling my kernel
> without "device agp" and booting with "nvidia_load="YES"", I get
> these messages from the boot process:
>
> nivida0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA memory resource.
> device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6
> nvidia0: <Unknown> at device 1.0 on pci0
> nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.
> device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6
> nvidia0: <Unknown> at device 10.0 on pci0
> nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.
> device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6
> nvidia0: <Unknown> at device 11.0 on pci0
> nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.
> device_probe_and_attach: nvidia0 attach returned 6

I've noted this question in the nvidia-driver port FAQ:

<faq>
Q: X fails to start, and during bootup time I get error messages
   like the following:

    nvidia0: Unable to allocate NVIDIA register resource.

   or:

    nvidia0: Unable to allocate interrupt resource.

A: The system bios has not properly setup your graphics card; FreeBSD
   can't currently setup PCI devices that the BIOS leaves unconfigured.
   Please uncheck "PNP-OS" in your system bios.
</faq>

Try it.

Marco Trentini                mark at remotelab.org
http://www.remotelab.org/