How's current lately for laptops? (was Two questions on Thinkpad T41)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri Jul 16 14:54:30 PDT 2004

> What I'd like to do next is for people with affected machines to run
> acpidump, extract their DSDT, and then run md5 to at least establish
> if they're different; and following on from THAT, to run iasl and diff
> for possibly differing ACPI methods with regards to the CD-RW module.
>
> In the absence of detailed dumps, this is all I can think of right now.

My results:

# vpddecode 2.4
BIOS Build ID: 1RET73WW
Product Name: Thinkpad T40, T41, R50 or R50p
Box Serial Number: KPHWK54
Motherboard Serial Number: J1RLC33718N
Machine Type/Model: 2373G1U

MD5 (DSDT.txt) = 9f880573569d50265a9378eb0d304e5d
Full file at: www.scode.org/DSDT.txt

As for iasl - I am not sure what exactly you are looking for. Which switches
should I use to produce the desired information?

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org