Unrecognized PCMCIA using FreeBSD 4.10 on Gateway Laptop.

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jul 10 21:48:29 PDT 2004

In message: <20040710143411.GA30430 at tuatara.fishballoon.org>
            Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org> writes:
: On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 08:15:02PM -0700, Daniel Radetsky wrote:
: >
: > I read somewhere that FreeBSD doesn't support hot insertion of pcmcia
: > devices. I believe if you want FreeBSD to bring it up you have to
: > configure everything and reboot.
:
: This is not correct.  I've seen drivers for individual cards barf on eject,
: but in general hot-swapping works just fine and always has.

FreeBSD supports hot swapping and has since at least FreeBSD 3.0 or so.

Warner