Symbol Technologies Spectrum 24 pccard

Bob Collins bobc at anything-inc.com
Wed Feb 25 12:14:11 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004, Peter Radcliffe clacked the keyboard to produce:
> Bob Collins <bobc at anything-inc.com> probably said:
> > >
> > > No idea, depends what it actually is.
> > >
> > > If it's an ath based card then it needs 5.x. If it's a prism based
> > > card (like the one I have) then it doesn't.
> >
> > So it does work, great.
>
> This doesn't mean it is what you want, though. A symbol firmware prism
> card only does 802.11b and isn't a "new top-of-the-line pccard".

Actually that is fine, my link to the net is DSL, so speed is of no big
concern. My LAN is at 100Mbit, but on the Thinkpad the 11Mbit is okay,
as my file transfers are not large or anything demanding, mostly I would
need a link to the net to then connect to my office servers, not much
more.

> ath support is also not quite ready for primetime, IMO, in 5.x.

Okay. In the mean time, I am going to be able to `test' the card prior
to purchase, so we shall see.

Again, thanks so much, I truly appreciate the answers.

Bob

--
Bob

"Play is the work of children. It's very serious stuff. And if it's
properly structured in a developmental program, children can blossom."
-Bob Keeshan aka `Captain Kangaroo'