weak signal

Richard Letts richard-freebsd at illuin.org
Sun Feb 22 13:33:22 PST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Marten wrote:
[I'm on the list, no need to send me my own copy of your email]

> nope, It has a reverse polairity sma (see link previous in the thread),
> which means than it the male side of the connector ( out side) has
> female inner parts. So normal sma connector won't fit or fits but
> doesn't connect.

the SMC antenna I purchased came with adapters for all of the connector
types out there. Here's the URL:
http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?sec=Products&pg=Product-Details&prod=336&site=c#overview

> IMHO it's not very usefull to an omni indoor. I would use a directional
> antenna to get the signal where I need it, not just anywhere :)

my AP's pretty much in the center of where I want to use it. A
uni-directional antenna would either not allow the tivo box to connect,
or me on the deck to connect, or my wife in the dining room. I'd need
three directional antennae.

/RjL