Linksys wpc11 v3 dstumbler

Adam M Ryan adam at powersurge.net
Thu Feb 19 21:25:56 PST 2004

Since the new linksys cards don't work under fbsd, I went and got a version
3 card off ebay.
Right now I am trying to test it and pick up connections.

wi0: <The Linksys Group, Inc. Instant Wireless Network PC Card> at port
0x100-0x13f irq 10 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:06:25:aa:cc:88
wi0: using RF:PRISM3(PCMCIA)
wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary (1.0.5), Station (1.3.4)
wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

FreeBSD delta.redhate.com 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #3: Fri Feb 20
04:17:31 CST 2004     p5 at delta.redhate.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DELTA  i386

I am trying to get kismet and dstumbler to work to see what networks I can
try to connect to.  Dstumbler doesn't seem to pick up any connections and
kismet just has trouble with the wireless card.

Does anyone have experience with dstumbler on a linksys wpc11 v3 card?

Thanks

Adam