wi0 busy bit won't clear error

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Feb 16 12:55:15 PST 2004

Kevin Oberman wrote:

[...]

> Have you applied the patch to add the DELAY(1) macros after reading the
> CSR to the wi driver?  It was posted to mobile@ back around Jan. 10 by
> Marco Zec. Since I installed that patch, I have not had any of these
> timeout issues.

You must be talking about this thread:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.mobile/6619

And this one:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.mobile/6623

And then another comment by you here:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.mobile/6644/match=prism+timeout+oberman

Much of that talk seems to suggest that I need to upgrade my firmware to
1.1.1/1.7.4 and then think about installing Marko's patch. He said himself
at one point that he doesn't think his patch should be committed.

I'll upgrade to 1.7.4 and see if it solves the problem. Firmware upgrades
for this card are pretty painless.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,