Dell Latitude CPx and power management

Baldur Gislason baldur at foo.is
Sat Feb 14 11:23:07 PST 2004

I have a problem with ACPI on a Dell Latitude CPx laptop.
When I close the lid it goes into suspend mode, when I open the lid again it
returns from suspend mode, turns the display on with a blank screen and a
blinking cursor in the top left corner for a couple seconds and then the
display turns off again and the display comes out of stand by.
Everything seems to work, the system is not locked up but the TFT display is
dead. I tried sysctl hw.acpi.reset_video=0 but that didn't help.
I'm running 5.2-R

Baldur