Card phone that works with GPRS

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Fri Feb 6 13:24:11 PST 2004

On 06 Feb 2004 11:35:20 +0100
Christian Laursen <xi at borderworlds.dk> wrote:

> Josef Barak <josef.barak.l at icesphere.biz> writes:
>
> > Christian Laursen wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know if there exists a card phone that is available in
> > >Northern Europe (Denmark) and works with GPRS under FreeBSD 5.x?
> >
> > Sony Ericsson GC75 works fine under FreeBSD 4.9 but it is not
> > recognized (Card has no functions!) under 5.x. I will try 5.current
> > soon so I'll informe.

Just for kicks I went to the Sony Ericsson web site to read about this
card (I thought maybe it turned a PC into a cell phone :-) I spotted the
usual sales and marketing bullets, including the compatibility bullet:

  "Compatible with Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/NT4/XP/ Pocket PC 2002 operating
systems"

So I thought, why doesn't it say FreeBSD 4.9? And what about Linux?
Chances are it works with at least Red Hat, Mandrake and SuSE.

I was only going to mention it here, but I've decided to write to Sony
Ericsson and ask them to update this bullet.

Am I crazy, or what?

--