Dell S2D partition woes

Peter Radcliffe pir at pir.net
Thu Feb 5 10:35:36 PST 2004

D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd at visi.com> probably said:
> So, two questions: Is my assumption correct, that the BIOS wants S2D on
> slice #1, and if so, can I make the existing disk labels "jibe" with the
> changed FBSD slice? I'm assuming that simply editing /etc/fstab before
> rebooting with the new slice table won't cut it.

All the laptop save to disk BIOS stuff I have experience with is
phoenix bios, I set them up with phdisk.exe from DOS. These have
always had to be fdisk partition #4. Always. IBM laptops, Sony
laptops, they've all been the same.

On many (all ?) of the laptops I've set this up on the suspend to disk
partition has hat to be inside the first 8Gb of disk, I've usually
installed windows for dual boot in the first 6Gb or so, then suspend
partition, then FreeBSD.

P.

--
pir