Issues with 5.3-p2, Xorg-6.8.1 and ThinkPads?

James Snow snow at teardrop.org
Fri Dec 31 17:43:44 PST 2004

I'm curious to know if anyone has seen abnormally frequent crashes
running 5.3-p2 with Xorg-6.8.1 on a ThinkPad. My T22 has begun to be
a bit more cantankerous than I'm accustomed to after I portupgraded
to Xorg-6.8.1. xli will reliably lock up the X server when scrolling
images, for example. Just now it locked up solid in the middle of a
portupgrade of Firefox.

Unfortunately, my laptop took a small tumble off a sofa shortly after
the aforementioned Xorg portupgrade, so it's entirely possible that
this is an issue with my hardware. The laptop isn't visibly damaged and
doesn't report any obvious errors, so I'm hoping - for my wallet's sake
- that it's an issue with the new Xorg.

Is anyone with a ThinkPad that hasn't just been dropped seeing any
issues?

Thanks,

-Snow