resetting a cardbus device

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Dec 30 13:17:31 PST 2004

I am working with a cardbus modem that is somewhat buggy.  Unfortunately, I
dont have much documentation for its AT Command set (its a GPRS modem) and
at&f or atz does not seem to reset it properly when it goes "wonky".  The
only way is to pull it out and put it back in.  Unfortunately, I want to
remotely deploy this device so I cant physically do that.  A reboot seems
to work, but thats not the greatest thing to do either.

dmesg shows

cbb0: <RF5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xe6400000-0xe6400fff irq 12 at
device 10.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
cbb1: <RF5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xe6405000-0xe6405fff irq 5 at
device 10.1 on pci0
cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1

sio4: <Sony Ericsson GC82 PC Card> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 12 function 0
config 32 on pccard0
sio4: type 16550A
sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode

This is a RELENG_5 box from 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Wed Dec 22

Thanks in advance,

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike