Xircom REM56G-100 on 5.3

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Dec 27 18:37:38 PST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Scott Mitchell wrote:

> The modem part should work with the sio driver, although you won't be able
> to use both the Ethernet and modem together with an OLDCARD kernel (not the
> default on 5.3 so you're probably running a NEWCARD kernel).  Do you see
> any extra sio ports showing up in dmesg output?

No, I don't.  It's not an issue anyway, as I managed to get USB-serial
cables to work instead.  Of course, the modem port may not actually work,
as I got the card for free...

So you're saying that card-modems should "just work"?  I might buy one, in
that case.

Biggest problem right now is figuring out why X.org broke when I upgraded
(from 6.7.0 to 6.8.1); I've posted to -questions.

-- Dave