NEC Versa P520 freezing problem

Rick cc2ts100 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 11:31:24 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm pretty new to FreeBSD (or any other OS other than windows :P) and
I have a problem.

I got a Nec Versa P520 and I got FreeBSD 5.3
The chipset is an intel pentium(R) M processor

Ehm...

When I try to install freebsd, I get an error at this line:
PCI0: <ACPI PCI bus> on Pcib0

I tried some other options in the menu. There is one option to get
extra comments (or more detailed info) and then it freezes at this
line:
map[10]: type3, range 32, base, base 00000000, size 27, memory disabled.

One time, it got a bit further at
ap[14]: type 1, range 32, base 00000000, size 19, enabl

And just behind the 'enabl' (without e!) there was the
rectangle/block, not flickering...and yes, it froze again.

I also tried it with ACPI disabled, but then I got this error:
PCI0: <PCI bus> on Pcib0

Same kind of error ;)

What what what can I do? :)

Greetings,