Suspend-to-disk

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:23:05 PST 2004

> The question is, does it work with FreeBSD? Anyone here experienced with
> FreeBSD and suspend-to-disk? Pointers to docs are also welcome.

Well, it doesn't exist yet, but there is a current thread in the
mailing lists that seems to be putting it on a wish-list for things to
add in the next 12 or so months.  Hopefully we will soon see it.  On a
brighter note, suspend-to-ram works for many systems out-of-the-box
and takes very little battery power (1% per 8 - 12 hours on my system)
and it also seems to suspend to ram a lot faster than Linux or
Windows.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.