Prism based PCMCIA wifi cards

Michael McCormack jne at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 30 03:58:23 PDT 2004

I currently use a linksys WPC11 v3.0 -- It's a great card, and i love
the ability to use dstumbler in passive sniffing mode, (afaik lucent
cards can't do this).. but the builtin antenna doesn't seem to be as
good as my mate's orinoco silver. I'm not really interested in mods for
the WPC since I barely know the right end of a soldering iron, so can
anyone recommend a prism-based 802.11b card with either:

a) a really powerful builtin antenna, or
b) an external antenna jack