AW: artifacts on my IBM A30p display...

Reifenberger Michael EXT Michael.Reifenberger.gp at icn.siemens.de
Mon Aug 23 08:14:33 PDT 2004

Hi,
your A30p System-board is defect.
I had this twice before and got the Systemboard changed by IBM.

It's a nightmare to get reproduced by IBM though...
- They don't know what text-mode is because they boot windoof immediatly and
  the failure doesn't show up there easily.
- You should take a few Pictures of the crippled BIOS (IBM-Logo) screen
  so they couldn't say it's by broken device-drivers.
- Don't say you are using FreeBSD!

Good Luck
(Hopefully your Notebook isn't out of service)

CU
---
Michael Reifenberger
Proj.: Michael.Reifenberger.gp at icn.siemens.de