Enhanced SpeedStep driver available

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Wed Aug 18 09:38:33 PDT 2004

I am using IBM T41 and CPU is not detected if I don't plug my power adapter.
But if I plug it it works perfectly. I can provide more information about my
system if it is required. I run FreeBSD 5.2.1-p9.

Michael Lestinsky writes:

> Am 18.08.'04 schrieb Paulius Bulotas:
>> So, to keep running on battery as long as possible, it would be wise not
>> to run est ;)
>
> Well, if your CPU is busy and you are waiting for it to finish, it's
> better to speed it up somewhat, since other (and possibly currently
> unused) components need power, too, while you wait.
>
> Bye
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Lestinsky                   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik
> michael.lestinsky at mpi-hd.mpg.de     Saupfercheckweg 1; 69117 Heidelberg
> Phone +49 6221 516-504 Fax: -602    http://www.mpi-hd.mpg.de

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET
For Public key: http://www.enderunix.org/ofsen/ofsen.asc

First Turkish FreeBSD book is out! Go check it.
Duydunuz mu! Turkiye'nin ilk FreeBSD kitabi cikti.
http://www.acikkod.com/freebsd.php