Enhanced SpeedStep driver available

Paulius Bulotas paulius at devnull.lt
Wed Aug 18 06:37:07 PDT 2004

Hi,

On 04 08 18, Michael Lestinsky wrote:
> Another thing I see is: When I boot from battery, load the est.ko module,
> plug in the powersupply and reload the module I get both times:
>
> Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1400MHz: Enhanced SpeedStep running at 600 MHz (956 mV)
>
> while if I boot while on powersupply the voltage is at about 1400mV and
> doesn't lower when switching back to battery. The funny thing is, it

on my T40 if I boot on AC, I have 1300MHz and without est it will be
constant until reboot, nevermind if I plug out power cord. If I boot on
battery, the speed will be constant too and equal to 600MHz.
Now with est the speed will change depending on load from 600MHz to
1300MHz, and won't depend on power source (AC or battery).
So, to keep running on battery as long as possible, it would be wise not
to run est ;)

Paulius