new Nvidia drivers for FreeBSD

Dan Finn dhrider at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:51:02 PDT 2004

http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_1.0-6113.html

Looks like these were released a couple of days ago.  I got the
drivers to compile and install w/o problem on 5.2.1.  The only problem
I have found so far is that on any form of exit of X it hangs my Dell
Inspiron 2650.  Does anyone know of a workaround or fix for this
behavior?

I am also having trouble getting any resolution higher than 1024x768.
No matter what I set in the X config file it still runs the above
resolution.  Does anyone have any experience with this on a Inspiron
2650.  Also if someone could provide the correct vertical refresh and
horizontal sync settings I should be using that would be helpful.

Dan