Thinkpad 600E -4BU: audio problems

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Aug 16 08:10:03 PDT 2004

> Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:00:30 -0700
> From: Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> 	Hi everybody,
>
> 	The past few days have turned up some miscellany on my TP,
> 	and pointed to as close as I can come to a valid conf.
> 	The realplayer can't open the audio; it suggests that
> 	something else is using the device.
>
> 	Here is an abbrev'tn of the boot logs plus my grepping
> 	thru my GENERIC kernel conf.  Some of this is over my head,
> 	including the grep output that shows multiple things
> 	using irq 11.

This is normal. FreeBSD has supported interrupt sharing since mid-V4
days.

I have just started to update my 600E to CURRENT to see if I can get the
same sort of behavior you are seeing and if I can fix it. The 600E is a
bit slow, do it will be a while before I have a bootable CURRENT kernel,
but I'll send out a note with what I see when I get there.

I can say that the driver is failing to attach the audio chipset
properly and I would not expect sound to work until it does.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)