Looking for *90nm* Pentium M owners...

Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN] esn at x123.info
Sun Aug 15 17:59:35 PDT 2004

----- Message from colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk ---------    Date:
Sun, 15 Aug
2004 11:12:40 -0700    From: Colin Percival
<colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk>Reply-To: Colin Percival
<colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk> Subject: Looking for *90nm* Pentium M
owners...      To: freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org

>   Thanks very much to everyone who responded to my email to
> freebsd-mobile (subject: "Looking for Pentium M owners...")
> with their processor data.  At least in the 130nm version of
> the Pentium M (codename "Banias") the MSR (model specific
> register) I'm looking at does what I thought it did.
>   However, I haven't heard from anyone with a 90nm (codename
> "Dothan") Pentium M, and these are the ones I really need to
> hear about -- I need to make sure Intel didn't change the MSR
> between the two versions of the Pentium M.
>   The 90nm Pentium M was released in May, and will normally
> be advertised as a "Pentium M 7xx", where 7xx is 713, 715, 723,
> 725, 733, 735, 738, 745, or 755.  I'm not sure what hw.model
> will be on these -- it might contain this model number, or it
> might simply be "Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor xxxxMHz".
>
>   If you have a Pentium M from the past three months, and you
> think it might be a 90nm (Dothan) processor, please do the
> following:
> 1. Download and extract http://www.daemonology.net/tmp/dumpmsr.tgz
> 2. `make`
> 3. `kldload ./dumpmsr.ko`
> 4. `kldunload dumpmsr`
>   When you kldload, it should print three lines; please send me
> those, along with the output of `sysctl hw.model`, and (if you
> know) the model name/number under which Intel advertises your
> processor.
>
>   If I can find anyone with a 90nm Pentium M, then I should be
> able to support them in the Enhanced SpeedStep code I'm writing;
> if not, I'll release code which only works on the older 130nm
> Pentium Ms.
>
> Colin Percival

----- End message from colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk -----

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500

dmesg:
----
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
CPU: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.40GHz (2392.95-MHz 686-class CPU)
   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf27  Stepping = 7

Features=0xbfebf9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
----

When i load the mod (dumpmsr.ko) it just panic the system, it's a current of
today.
know what can be the problem?

--
if (Better You Treat Them) { return "Worst You Get Treated"; }

Love can kill you like a Hammer or a 220 Kv AC line in the head, but it's the
most
beautiful and strange sensation, I Just Love, Love ; )

/*
www:
  http://www.x123.info

Contect:                        FingerPrint:
  esn aT x123.info                0D42 F870 F650 6B86 CA9E
  esn aT freshpkgsrc.org          E199 A57D 3824 F8AA A934
  sebastian.yepes aT hp.com
*/