new laptop suggestions - not the usual stuff

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Sun Aug 1 09:46:48 PDT 2004

Thus spake Michael W. Oliver (freebsd-mobile at gargantuan.com) [30/07/04 00:39]:
: Thanks to you all for your suggestions.  Unfortunately, I think I am
: going to have to give up on the AMD64 piece for now and just settle for
: everything else in a HP NC8000.  My wife has a NC3000 from work and it
: is a very nice machine, so I am ok with the NC8000.
:
: P.S. - my desire for the pointing stick is born of using ThinkPads for
: many years, and I would certainly get a ThinkPad instead of the NC8000
: if they were anywhere close to one another in price...

If price is an issue, IBM has very reasonable prices on their refurbished
units (come with a full warranty, I believe) and things in Clearance Corner.