Acer TravelMate 212TX Laptop, AGP error of sorts.

Markie mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Apr 30 04:51:45 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erich Dollansky" <oceanare at pacific.net.sg>
To: "Markie" <mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com>
Cc: <freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: Acer TravelMate 212TX Laptop, AGP error of sorts.

| Hi,

| > device
| > | >
| > | I have had a problem like this too on a normal PC. Just change the
AGP
| > | setting in the BIOS.
| >
| > There isn't actually an AGP setting in the BIOS on this laptop, it's
all
| > pretty basic!
| >
| I could change this in my BIOS and it worked afterward.
|
| Check your BIOS again. It was also hidden pretty good on my machine.

Is it a desktop machine? This is a fairly oldish laptop, 800MHz Celeron. I
went to check again though, it really is pretty empty in there :o)

| Maybe, somebody else has some better idea.

I may have found half a solution in the form of a patch,
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-December/016587.html
but I will have to wait for my hard disk to arrive before I can play about
actually installing FreeBSD first I suppose :o)