Toshiba Tecra 8000, Lucent Modem, FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, and
Ian F. Brunell
ian.brunell at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 03:03:13 PDT 2004
Thankyou for your comments and encouragement. I downloaded ltmdm-1.4.tgz
from the port maintainer's web-site and installed it with the ports
system. It appears to install with one warning:
Object directory not changed from original
Upon rebooting the modem is not detected (no mention in "dmesg | grep
ltmdm") but the ltmdm module is loaded. I have tried:
1) re-configuring the kernel with different sio options
2) re-installing the system and installing the port with the GENERIC kernel.
3) playing around with the laptop's BIOS settings in conjunction with (1).
All to no avail. I have a couple of questions though:
1) what version of the BIOS are you using? I have version 9.30 and
perhaps this is significant?
2) do you have any particular options enabled in your kernel
My next move will be to contact the port maintainer.
Thanks once again,
More information about the freebsd-mobile