-current cardbus weirdness

Stuart Walsh stu at ipng.org.uk
Fri Apr 23 16:04:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

Just playing with freebsd on this notebook..

I had a 5.1-Release CD lying around so I tried that first of all and all
seemed to be well, so I decided to give -current a try to try out the
NDISulator amongst other things.  Prior to this, when i inserted my
wireless card(an unsupported 3com broadcom chipset card) I got this
message:

cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

with -current i get:

cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=10, size=80000
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=8000000
cardbus0: Non-prefetchable memory at b0000000-b807ffff
cardbus0: <display, VGA> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

I think you'll agree this is a little odd..

cbb0 was previously detected as a "PCI-Cardbus Bridge" now i get:

cbb0: <ENE CB1410 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> at device 9.0 on pci0
cbb0: Lazy allocation of 0x1000 bytes rid 0x10 type 3 at 0xf00010000

The other weird thing is if I disabled ACPI on boot i get a trap 12
panic right after pci is detected..

If you need/want any more info, let me know..

Stuart