Activating ACPI suspend on lid close?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Wed Apr 14 07:24:00 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:57:38AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Wow! I no longer see the USB failure messages after a suspend. But the
> USB does not seem to be alive any more. More seriously, my Ethernet is
> dead after resume. I just get device timeouts on fxp0 after resume.
>
> The recent update to the PCI code has changed LOTS of things, but it's
> clear that things are not really working, yet. Nate posted a very
> interesting message to acpi@ this morning that touched on many
> suspend/resume issues, so there is work being done and there is
> definitely hope.

I wish I could take credit for this, or even say with assurance
what it is I did to get things to work, but I'm pleased that it
does seem to be working for me. And I'm glad that there's more
work being done on the PCI code, and hope that it will continue
to improve things in the future.

Jesse Sheidlower