FBSD & Broadcom BCM94306

Aaron Walker ka0ttic at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 12:00:24 PDT 2004

I installed FreeBSD (5.2.1) on a laptop for the first time yesterday and
so far everything has worked flawlessly.

I have a HP Pavilion ze4630us that has a NatSemi 10/100 NIC as well as a
Broadcom BCM94306 802.11g chip.  I've checked out the Hardware Notes for
5.2.1 and not suprisingly (since there isn't even a native linux driver
yet) it wasn't on the list.  I am able to get the chip working under
Linux via ndiswrapper which basically loads the windows driver for it.

Is there anything like this available for FreeBSD?  I am crossing my
fingers, as I don't want to have to reboot to Linux everytime I need to
leave my desk and need network access.  Is my only alternative
purchasing a supported 802.11g PCMCIA card?  If so, any recommendations?

Thanks for your time.
--
Aaron Walker <ka0ttic at cfl.rr.com>
http://ka0ttic.dyndns.org/