The Best Laptop

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Apr 2 08:38:07 PST 2004

> From: "Charles Oppermann" <charles at coppersoftware.com>
> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:06:58 -0800
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>

> Question: What laptops have usable middle-button pointing devices? The
> emulate 3rd button option (using left+right) is a real pain on my
> touchpad (and most other two button devices I've used).
> <<
>
> Most ThinkPad's have a nice middle mouse button that I use in Windows for
> scrolling.  I haven't configured X to use it yet however, so I can't say for
> certain that it'll work.

Works fine with the TrackPoint, but only if the touchpad is disabled.
You need to disable the touchpad in BIOS and then it's fine. (Of course,
this does not help much if you use the touchpad.)

Models that have three buttons and don't have a touchpad work fine with
three buttons. Really old models lacking three buttons don't have a
working middle button. :-)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)