Dell i7500 & Suspend to Disk

Timothy Luoma freebsd at tntluoma.com
Mon Sep 22 12:32:41 PDT 2003

I'm getting closer to trying the install.  I spent last night getting my
IRQ and I/O information[1] which was about as dull of an evening as I can
remember having in quite awhile.

I was just thinking about the Dell's "Suspend to Disk" (I think AKA
"Hibernation" in Windows).  It's a feature I use all the time.  Is there
anything special that I need to do to be able to use it in FreeBSD?  (I am
assuming that I <em>can</em> use it in FreeBSD)

TjL

[1] http://tntluoma.com/freebsd/i7500/inventory/numbers.htm

--
<del>Toying with the idea of putting</del> Planning to install FreeBSD
<ins>4.8-RELEASE</ins> on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop