4.x or 5.x for newbie install on laptop?

Timothy Luoma freebsd at tntluoma.com
Sun Sep 21 12:04:14 PDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:34:14 -0400, Peter Radcliffe <pir at pir.net> wrote:

>> I understand that it probably would only work in 5.x-current and not
>> in 4.x
>
> If it is cardbus, yes.

Let me confess an ignorance (one of many).  Is "Cardbus" just another name
for "PC Card" (which is what I thought those expansion slots in laptops
were called)?

In any case, yes it is a "Belkin FireWire CardBus Adapter" that I bought
 from Apple.com to ensure that it would work with my iPod.

TjL

--
<del>Toying with the idea of putting</del> Planning to install FreeBSD
<ins>4.8-RELEASE</ins> on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop