IBM TP 600E - Xircom Cardbus

Matthew N. Dodd winter at jurai.net
Sun Sep 21 11:30:42 PDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> AFAIK this card is supported, but there may well be some kernel or other
> config tweaking required to get the 600E to recognise it.  Any other
> 600E owners with working pccard slots out there know the right magic
> words?

I'm using APM on my 600E since ACPI wasn't very functional back when I
installed.

The cardbus slots require the following:

hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000"
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"

The value for start_memory may require adjusting to suit your local
machine.  In general it should be a number larger than the amount of RAM
you have (in bytes).

Other 600E specifc bits are:

X11 config:

	Only use 16bpp mode, 24bpp is SLOW with the neomagic, and the
	LCD isn't actually able to display 24bpp mode anyway.

	Add the following to Section "Device"

	    Option      "OverlayMem" "829440"

	which will allow full screen Xv.

To get sound working use kernel modules 'pcm' and 'snd_mss'; compiling
things into the kernel leads to a conflict.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter at jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |