802.11g cards/2 questions

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Fri Sep 19 09:56:09 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:54:57AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> > Actually, I don't think the Turbo mode is currently working. See the
> > following post from the ath(4) driver's author on Sep 17th 2003:
> >
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/30211/match=turbo
>
> 11a+turbo mode works though I haven't seen a performance difference from
> 11a (for reasons unknown to me; could be my config--Atheros says they see
> 2x the throughput).  I haven't added in 108g support yet (11g+turbo); it
> probably requires some tweaking of the HAL (the binary component) so won't
> happen for a bit (at the least until I can get an AP that supports it to
> test with).

I'm unable to get a realiable link with 11a+turbo on a DWL-AG650.  I can get it to
associate and even get a lease, but if I try anything more, like
pinging, it drops down to 6mbps eventually loses link.  The driver
says it only supports turbo mode up to 54MBPS from the dmesg.  I am
about to cvsup and try again.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>